System-level Design Automation
The System-Level Design Automation (SDA) group focuses on the automated design of embedded hardware/software-systems on the system level. This includes the areas modelling, system synthesis and optimization of embedded systems.
Therefore applications and available architectures are modeled in specification and description languages. On base on this, simulative and formal analysis can be done and hardware and software can be generated automatically. Very important is the focus on multiple competing objectives like time contraints, reliability, costs and energy consumption. SDA explores new methods in the area of mulit-objective optimization. The developed results are used many ways, e.g mobile devices, many-core systems and distributed systems in an automobile.
Current research projects
- INI.FAU: Entwurf und Evaluierung hochverfügbarer Ethernet-basierter E/E-Architekturen für latenz- und sicherheitskritische Anwendungen
- InvasIC: Transregional Collaboriative Research Center 89 — Invasive Computing
- Basics of Invasive Computing (A01)
- Design-Time Characterisation and Analysis of Invasive Algorithmic Patterns (A04)
- Invasive Tightly-Coupled Processor Arrays (B02)
- Compilation and Code Generation for Invasive Programs (C03)
- TCPA_INT – Integration und Verbindung von eng gekoppelten Prozessorfeldern (T01)
- Central Services of the Transregional Collaborative Research Centre and Public Relations (Z01)
- Validation and Demonstrator (Z02)